Search ProofOfProgress Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

error: conversion from ‘std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >*’ to non-scalar type ‘std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >’ requested

Here is a post that helps with that on stack overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13985290/filling-a-vector-of-strings

So today I've been doing simple code-eval problems using C++.
I don't know much about C++.

I keep up finding solutions on closed threads on stack overflow that say:

closed as too localized by [name here]

"This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center."

And it makes be wonder...

Hmm... 1877views in 2 years?
I guess that isn't a lot. But how do they define "unlikely to help any future visitors?"
1877/ 2 = 938
938 / 365 = 2.5
So, at least 2 people are stumbling upon this every day.

IDK. I just find it odd that I find most of my solutions on threads that are closed for breaking some kind of rule. I find it hard to think my problems as a total noob are just so unique that I keep stumbling upon useful closed threads. Which makes me question how the site is moderated.



No comments:

Post a Comment