Sunday, December 19, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
Here is what I have so far. I am going to take on the rest of the song. But before I do I am going to plan this out more thoroughly. Since, from here on out a lot of the lyrics repeat. So I want to make pre-comps that can be used over again. I also want to plan out for instrumental/non-lyrical intermissions/breaks within the song.
1. Split up into multiple after-effects files.
2. Do NOT offset your music file EVER. It makes lining up footage from multiple
files really difficult.
3. Main comp should be named A01_MAIN_P# ex(A01_MAIN_P2)
A01 == So your main comp can be easily found at top of library.
MAIN == So you know it is your MAIN comp for this after effects file.
P2 == It is PART two of your overall collection. (Music video split over multiple files)
4. Pick out ALL fonts before you begin.
5. Make a dope sheet of the ENTIRE song.
6. Test the dope sheet to make sure it is accurate by flicking on and off a SOLID
to the lyrics. (And also make it change color if neccessary.
7. Make a BEAT sheet. Same as dope sheet. But look for patterns in the music.
Test in similiar way to dope sheet. Change the SOLID's color depending on what section of the music vid you are in.
8. Make a grid. Do thumbnails on gridpaper of the same resolution.
Then make sure your thumbs match the final.
NOT sure about number 9.
9. Make a signle comp with the text doing exactly what you want it to do. No effects. Just correct font, correct size, and correct animation.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
I am done with the "Pleasure is dead" segment. I had after effects crash on me while I was working on it and lost everything. So I decided to take it as an opprotunity to do this segment in a new after effects file. The only problem is, when I offset my dope sheet to start on frame #1 of the new file... I did something wrong. Good news is, I animated MORE than I needed, not less. Compressing the time to get it in sync will be no problem.
Shot reference with grissom today. Here is something she touched up in
after effects really quick.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Sunday, June 6, 2010
I fixed the time remap. It looks better... But still some frames did not come out correctly.
I will have to render a PNG sequence and see if the problem is a framerate conversion between
the original video and the original....
Note to self: Animators may work in 24 frames per second.... But you should probably work in whatever frames per second your final output medium is...
Which... NTSC is 29.9999999999999999 right?
hey... at least with the chaotic grungy feeling I am going for...
maybe I can get away with not being so precise this time.
So, the time-remap resulted in half frames at the end of the movie.
Hence why the strobing does not strobe on some of the beats at the end.
unfortunately, the solution to this is to have one layer per time you want
an animation to loop. Time-remap will not make half-frames if you only have
one time re-map key per layer.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
I am basically using it like a huge note pad. Or a huge scrap of paper.
It is usefull to me because it gives me a chronologically structured layout
Rather than the catagorical structure that exists on my hard drive.
How do I explain it?
"I found tutorials on how to set pixels about a month ago... Let me find it on my blog."
Sometimes it's easier to find things this way.
This blog shall be used only to show off things that I've accomplished.
As fat guy who made the movie psycho once said:
"Films are life with all the boring parts cut out."
And so this blog shall embody the same principle.
- ▼ December (3)
- ► November (7)
- Organizing the pieces together.
- Thoughts on Efficiency
- Pleasure is dead
- Inky Ink Shot reference with grissom today. Her...
- Starving For
- Under My Skin. Timed out.
- Under My Skin
- Img_Tube Script Work
- With time remap fix, better, but still some half f...
- Time Remap Results in Half Frames.
- After Effects Combi-Test04
- Testing 123