Search ProofOfProgress Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2016

SFGUI vs AWESOMIUM

Replacing code::blocks minGW --version: 4.7.1
C:\DEV\PROG\codeBlocksInstalledDir\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin
with version downloaded using source forge installer:
C:/MinGw/bin

Now when running:
gcc --version
on command line, we get: 4.8.1
Good. Now we can run SFGUI library.

Think this will be better than using awesomium:
1. Want to statically link stuff. Not fan on .exe with tons of .DLL files.
2. Using less libraries == less complexities.

Downside is that I did want to leverage HTML and Javascript to make awesome uis...
But in reality, I just want something that works and looks decent.
Awesomium requires I install SDL as well. So the complexities of getting it up and running
are a bit much for me.

And the Awesomium linux make files...... Cant get working on windows.
But I am using code::blocks and minGW, so I can't use the windows installer version.

1 comment: